Establishment of Membership
- After an initial 30-day membership period, payment of the join fee and prorated monthly dues, all membership dues will be charged on a month-to-month basis until Member notifies staff of request for cancellation.
- While membership is active, Member will be subject to (a) any increase or decrease in monthly dues, of which member will be notified at least 30 days in advance, (b) any change in membership type, or (c) the right of the member to cancel his or her membership upon a 30 day prior written notice given to the YMCA.
- Member is responsible for all months leading up to cancellation, and all dues must be paid at the time of cancellation request. Any cancellation request shall be effective within 30 days of receipt of request and payment of dues owed.
- Financial assistance forms are available at the Welcome Center and on the YMCA website. All assistance is based on need and is kept confidential. Upon receipt of a complete financial assistance application, the YMCA staff will review the application within 7 days. After an offer of assistance is made, the Member will have 30 days to reply. To continue financial assistance, members will need to reapply every 6 months.
Right to Cancel
- The YMCA reserves the right to terminate or suspend the membership privileges of any Member upon (a) non-payment of membership dues, (b) violation of YMCA policies and regulations, or (c) conduct which is offensive or endangers the person or property of other Members or the property, agents, and employees of the YMCA.
- Member is responsible for the payment of dues and other charges payable to the YMCA. In the event that a Member will owe two months or more of membership, his or her account will be temporarily suspended until balance is paid or resolved with the YMCA staff. If no payment is collected during the 30-day suspension, membership will be terminated and Member will be billed for the final balance.
- If a payment is returned, the YMCA will attempt to remit payment again the following day. If an account has a balance of two returned payments, suspension will be applied as described above, with a $30 returned item fee added to balance total.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision and actions of their children while on YMCA premises.
- Guests must be 14 years of age and provide valid photo ID to the Welcome Center upon arrival.
- Each member must scan his or her membership card on each visit to the YMCA.
Member Assumption of Risk
- Member recognizes that there may be risks involved or associated with the use of YMCA’s facilities or participation in YMCA programs. The member releases the YMCA, its agents and employees of/from all claims of loss, damage, or injury related to his/her or any minor children.
- Member also acknowledges that the YMCA and its staff are not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items as a result of the Member’s usage of the YMCA.
- I understand that the Tuscaloosa YMCA often uses images and video for promotional purposes. I give my permission for the YMCA to use images or video of me or my child(ren) for publication online or in print for promotions, advertising, or legitimate business uses without compensation or claim for/by me. I also understand that I or my child(ren) may or may not be identified in such publications.
The YMCA reserves the right to change, add, or delete policies as deemed appropriate.
By clicking the link below, Member(s) acknowledge that he or she has read these policies and agree to the YMCA terms.